Monday, November 11, 2013

Empat Belas, Indonesia-ku dan Winter Boots

Good Morning!! :) HAPPY VETERAN DAY!!! :)
Today is veteran day for America, no school, no work, everybody off. Well, maybe not all the people. 
SO many things happened. 
Yesterday I just did my first presentation at a church in Pittsburg, Mom and Dad was coming to  and take me there. I was happy back then :)
I was the last person who talk, Besides me, there was ore than one students who talked about their own country. Like Mondher from Tunisia, Bjorn from Iceland, Cristine from germany, Hedda from Sweden, Romina from Chile, Ilyas from Yaman. I think that's all.
I bring Indonesian Pudding aka bubur sumsum and martabak, :) whis is I miss it so much!!
But, fortunately, I found Indonesian Restaurant in North Irwin, well, it wasn't in Greensburg, but If I wanna go there it will take 15-20 minutes to get there. So, not big deal! I ordered the bubur sumsum and martabak, oh! also tempeyek! My Mom likes it so much! But, the owner of the restaurant give the martabak for free so, I just have to pay for tempeyek and the pudding.
I ordered 30 puddings and it cost $30, don't convert it to rupiah, you'll shock! :P
I know, WE could been order like 3 pair of shirt and pants if we were in Indonesia, but, honey, I'm in US right now :)
Then, I went to pick my order with my brother. Before I went home I was shaking hand with the owner (red-salim), and after that, My brother asked me, 'What did you do? Was it handshake?' And I said 'Well. yeah. People do that in Indonesia to respect the older person.
And he just said 'Ohh.. I knew,' Well, what kind of reaction do you want? :P
We we driving and talking about music and bunch of stuff, but suddenly a random car from diferent side cross the road and almost hit our car. That was freak me out, that car almost ruin my experience here.
So, Yesterday. It was awesome, The presentation went well so another students. They made good presentation, I got alot of lesson from them, I hope they learn from me too.
And, about boots hhahaha... it just funny, I went to a coat store, but they also sold boots and some stuff like earmuff and candy.
At first, actually I had bought a pair of nice boots with nice price too from the leather store, one pair boots cost $125, that's my allowance in a month.
But, the quality is good, money never lie.
I wen there, get a coat and also boots, my dad asked me if I want to return the boots which I already bought before that, And I said 'Sure! The price just make me crazy!
So, I got my money back, and I got a new pair of boots with nice price :)

No comments:

Post a Comment